Bogie Hearth Furnace
JR Furnace has built a large number of Fuel fired and Electrically heated Bogie Hearth Furnace furnaces for the two decades. JR has a full range of Bogie Hearth type Heat Treatment Furnaces up to a capacity of 200 MT to offer to Foundry Cast House, Pressure Vessels, Heavy Structurals, Forgings and other metal industries with temperature range of 2000C to 13500C. These furnaces can be offered with single/double doors with single/double bogies to meet the customer’s requirement. An intermediate door to divide a large furnace in two parts/chambers can also be designed, if desired. The material are loaded on the bogie with the help of EOT crane or any mechanical device and the loaded bogie is pushed into the furnace over rails by means of Electro-mechanical rack and pinion or rope and drum type bogie drive mechanism.
The Bogie Hearth Furnace can be provided with electrical heating through heat resistant Strip/Wire/Cartridge heating elements located along with the side/back walls/roof of the furnace. The heating elements of the furnace are suitably divided into number of heating zones with each zone of having their bank of heater. Each bank heater shall be connected either in STAR/DELTA or Parallel STAR/DELTA groups to have minimum number of heater per phase per group.
Fuel fired furnaces are fired with high efficiency burners supported by a full complement of combustion system consisting of combustion fan, atomizing fan, oil heating and pumping systems and/or gas trains. In addition auto ignition, flame failure safety and complete control systems are offered. Practically any type of liquid or gaseous fuel can be used viz. Furnace Oil, Light Diesel Oil, LPG, Natural Gas singly or a combination of any oil or gas in case of dual fired furnaces.
To improve fuel efficiency, Recuperators for heating combustion air up to 5000C will be provided. For customers requiring even more fuel efficiency, Regenerative burners can be offered that can give an air preheat of 10000C or more. We can also provide self recuperative gas burners for air preheat up to 7500C. Generally, our Bogie Hearth furnaces are lined with ceramic fibre modules/blankets on the side wall, roof and door and hearth of the furnace will be provided with combination of high/medium grade aluminium bricks backed-up by insulation bricks to minimize the skin temperature.
- Features & Specifications
- Temperature Range – Upto 1500°C
- From 50 to 1500 KW
- Batch capacity upto 200 MT.
- Standard Applications – Annealing, Stress Relieving, Hardening, Tempering, Normalising
- Insulation – Vacuum Formed Ceramic Fibre Boards / Ceramic Fibre Blanket & Module / Brick Lining
- Heating Media Options – Electric / Gas Fired / Oil Fired
- Heating Elements – Nichrome Wire / Special Alloy Resistance Heating Wire / Silicon Carbide Rod Type
- Sealing of the vertical lift doors and bogie through pneumatically operated soft seal clamps to ensure no ingress of cold air.
- Furnace Classification – Class 2 / Class 3
- Instrumentation – Thyristor, Programmable Temperature Controller, Temperature Recorder, PLC, SCADA, HMI
- Annealing – It is mainly used for mold annealing, high manganese steel castings, gray iron castings, roller, ball, wear-resistant lining and other parts.
- Stress Relieving
- Post Weld Heat Treatment
- Wire Annealing
- Isothermal Annealing
- Case Hardening
- Billet Heating
- Annealing, Stress Relieving, Hardening, Tempering, Normalising