Stress Relieving Furnace
Components such as welded structures, cold drawn or formed items require stress relieving as stresses are induced in these processes which will deform the components after they are put in use. Our bogie hearth furnaces for stress relieving or stress relief annealing are available with standard configuration as well as configurations custom for the user’s job profile and volume.
For lower stress relieving temperatures, 750°C and below a centrifugal fan-based circulation system with stainless steel louvers is implemented to assure adequate convective heat transfer. For higher temperatures, the design is based on radiation heat transfer without air circulation.
- Features & Specifications
- Temperature Range – Upto 900°C
- From 50 to 1500 KW
- Batch capacity upto 200 MT.
- Standard Applications – Stress Relieving
- Insulation – Vacuum Formed Ceramic Fibre Boards / Ceramic Fibre Blanket & Module / Brick Lining
- Heating Media Options – Electric / Gas Fired / Oil Fired
- Heating Elements – Nichrome Wire / Special Alloy Resistance Heating Wire / Silicon Carbide Rod Type
- Sealing of the vertical lift doors and bogie through pneumatically operated soft seal clamps to ensure no ingress of cold air.
- Furnace Classification – Class 2 / Class 3
- Instrumentation – Thyristor, Programmable Temperature Controller, Temperature Recorder, PLC, SCADA, HMI
Stress Relieving furnaces can be used in many applications including stress relieving (normalizing), tempering, preheating and annealing. Our furnaces can be found in the gas/oil, steel, heat-treating, aerospace and automotive industries for processing steel, aluminium, titanium and various alloy products.